On this site you'll find a host of useful links and topics that a current student should know.Please refer to the Graduate Student Handbook for academic requirements.
- Academic Calendar
- Facebook Page
- Contact Info & Office Location
- Getting Around Campus
- Job Search
- Change of Personal Information
- International Student
Have more questions? Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Saint Mary's College of California
Graduate Kinesiology Dept.
P.O. Box 4500
Moraga, CA 94575-4500
Location: St. Joseph's Hall (right side after you enter)
How do I register?
- Make sure you're within the registration period (see Academic Calendar)
- Use your Saint Mary's Login to log in to my.stmarys-ca.edu
- Click the link to GaelXpress and access your student menu
- Click on "Register for Classes" and then "Search and Register"
- Select the term, subject (Kinesiology), level (Graduate) and enter number.
- If you have trouble with registration, email email@example.com or call 925-631-4377.
How do I add/drop classes?
- Make sure you're still within the time frame allowed (see Academic Calendar)
- Let us know via email that you intend to add/drop a course (firstname.lastname@example.org). This is to help expedite the process and avoid any inappropriate fees.
- Fill out an Add/Drop form, have the appropriate faculty members signatures and submit to the registrar's office.
What if I'm not within the time frame?
- You can fill out a petition to withdraw from a course with the professor's approval.
Here are some useful rules to know:
- You will not be able to register for classes if you have an outstanding balance or if you have two incompletes on your academic record.
- Any incompletes will turn into Fs at the end of the next semester.
- If your grade point average falls below a 3.0, you are under academic probation.
- If you receive a grade C or below, you will not receive credit for that course.
- Watch your grades and read the Graduate Student Handbook for further details - these rules are college-wide!
How do I get a parking permit?
Where can I park?
- Please read the regulations here.
Where do I get food on campus?You have three choices for food -
- You can go to the Bookstore (located near the Post Office) to buy snacks.
- You can go to Oliver Hall (next to the Chapel) and buy a hot meal.
- You can go to Cafe Louis (next to Bookstore) and buy Starbucks coffees, snacks and sandwiches.
*On some Wednesday lunch hours (12:30-2) the school hosts a BBQ in the Quad area.
Where can I get textbooks/SMC gear?
- The bookstore website has a great tool which allows you to search for the textbooks you need according to the classes you take (you have the option to rent or buy).
- You can visit the bookstore itself or order SMC gear online.
- Other sourses for textbooks are: Chegg.com, Half.com or Amazon.com
How late is the Library open?
- Library hours are posted on their website every day.
- The Library website is a great resource for research and finding textbooks.
Where do I get academic help?
- The Center for Writing Across the Curriculum is a great place for those with rusty keyboards. Make a reservation in advance to get help from an appropriate advisor.
- For help on research, you can contact Sarah Vital, reference and instruction librarian, for her expertise in Kinesiology research.
- For any specific questions on assignments, contact the faculty member to set up a time to meet or email them with questions.
How do I find jobs (on-campus, off-campus, internships)?
- Visit the Career Center website where they give you a step by step on how to use Gaelink - which is a listing tool for all jobs connected with SMC.
- The Career Center also provides help on creating your resume, cover letter and even mock interviews to help you get the job you want.
- For athletic assistantships contact Bill Manning (email@example.com).
I moved, how do I let the school know?
I changed my name, how do I let the school know?
- Fill this out and attach necessary documents and bring to the Registrar's Office.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm.
** IMPORTANT: If you recently graduated from an undergraduate college and your email address expired after your admissions process, odds are that you won't be able to receive any updates from our program if you don't check your SMC mail. Check your SMC mail or send us a new address at email@example.com.
How do I maintain my visa status?
- If you are an F-1 visa student, you will need to make sure that your courseload is considered full time for Fall and Spring terms. You will also need to make sure that the hours you work part-time are on-campus and not exceeding 20 hours during Fall and Spring terms. For more information on this, contact Tim Yoon (firstname.lastname@example.org).
How do I meet other graduate level international students?
- Tim Yoon (email@example.com) at the Center for International Programs organizes mixers and dinners for graduate international students (and undergraduate international students) to meet and network. Contact him for more information on these events!
How do I know if I qualify for graduation?
- Submit the Candidacy for Graduate Degree form with a $120 processing fee check (made out to "Saint Mary's College of California") BEFORE the start of the next term after you pass your comp exams either in person at the front desk or via mail (PO Box 4500, Moraga, CA 94575).
- In order to verify that you are on the right track for graduation, the best thing to do is set up a meeting with Craig Johnson, Ph.D. (firstname.lastname@example.org) and determine eligibility. Make sure you are about to complete all 30 units of required coursework and pass your comp exams.
I want to participate in Commencement. What do I have to do?