"PATCH offers a way to get involved on campus, make new friends, and also make a difference in teaching my peers how to be healthier..."
Peer Advocacy Towards Campus Health
We believe in making our campus safer, healthier and more enjoyable. We provide many activities for students to come together and gain life skills, responsibility and a better understanding of health issues to better serve their life. Some of the activities you can look forward to include: Turn Your Inside Out! day, Safe Spring Break Health Fair, the Great American Smokeout, and Beer Goggle Obstacle courses. You're sure to enjoy our Peer Health Leadership signature programs.
Becoming a PATCH Leader has many rewards, including...
- Improved leadership and communication skills
- Program planning
- Increased knowledge about a wide range of health topics
- An opportunity to make a difference in the health of SMC students
- Recognition for volunteerism and service learining (Internship opportunities also available!)
- Interaction and collaboratio with various campus organizations including Counseling, Women's Resource Center, and Residence Life
- Resume enhancement
- Improved self-awareness
Exciting campus-wide events and awareness campaigns you can help with as a PATCH Leader:
- Alcohol Awareness Week
- Fall Health Fair
- Safe Spring Break Programming
- Sress Management Week
- Turn Stigma Inside Out Campaign
- Smoke Free SMC Initiative
- Eat Right & Get Fit Challenge
- Gossip Gael Newsletter