The following contains guidance for Managers/Supervisors for using GAELPerform to complete Year-End Performance Reviews. Please read through this information carefully.
May 6, 2013
Dear Saint Mary’s Supervisors of Staff Employees: WELCOME TO GAELPerform
GAELPerform, powered by Halogen software, is Saint Mary’s new web-based system for completing performance reviews for SMC staff members.
It allows supervisors and staff to:
- Complete reviews online
- Access and view completed reviews
- Co-create goals & development plans that will be housed in the web-based system
- Record performance-related notes (e.g. feedback, kudos) on your personal Homepage
It allows the organization to:
- Track performance review completion rates, rating averages, and other global data
GAELPerform launched on May 6. That morning, you received an email containing a link. To access your GAELPerform homepage, you needed to follow that link to set up a password and security questions.
The Performance Review Period
You’re completing staff performance reviews for the 2012-13 performance year (July 1, 2012 through June 30, 2013). The performance review period will run for 90 days – from May 6 through August 6, 2013.
IMPORTANT: Supervisor Preparation:
- Please ensure that everyone you supervise has access to a copy of their PSD (position source document - the job description) and/or last year's performance review, which also should describe their essential job duties and work goals.
The top part of SMC’s online review form requires employees to insert their essential job duties. This is the same as the paper and pencil version you’ve been using in recent years. On the other hand, some departments may typically evaluate staff in relation to key goals established at the beginning of the year. Either essential duties or key goals for the performance year can be used in this section.
The second part of the review form is an evaluation of core competencies that are expected of all SMC staff members. Supervisors have an additional set of competencies on which they are evaluated. This also is the same as the paper and pencil version you’ve used in the past.
- However, the Performance Review and Recognition team has recently updated the competencies and their definitions to better reflect SMC’s mission and strategic priorities.
2. If you anticipate that any of your direct reports will be receiving an overall performance rating of
“Needs Improvement” (the summary rating located at the bottom of the review form), please
notify one of the HR Directors no later than June 1.
Also, please make every effort to complete the review of anyone you believe will receive an overall rating of “Needs Improvement” no later than June 17. As you know, any staff member with an overall rating of “Needs Improvement” will not be eligible for the annual July 1 pay increase.
Staff members with a start date after April 29 will not be in the Halogen system and won’t be part of the 2012-13 review process.
Please feel free to contact Human Resources with questions or for assistance by emailing email@example.com or by calling Ext. 4212.