How do I set up my personal GAELPerform (Halogen) homepage?
On the July 29, you received an "activation" email. New users must follow the link in this email to create a password and provide answers to security questions in order to gain access to their GAELPerform home page. If you already used GAELPerform last year, enter your user name (first part of SMC email address) and the GAELPerform password you've been using. (You did write it down, didn't you?)
My original "activation" email has expired (several days after July 29) - what should I do?
Send an email to [email protected] to request another "activation" email. Follow the link in the email to activate your GAELPerform homepage. You may establish the same password you use for access to My Saint Mary's page or you may create a different password. If necessary, write down your password and security answers in a safe place for future reference. Your "activation" period expires in 96 hours (built into the software).
How can I learn to use the GAELPerform software?
- Access the ALL-NEW Quick Reference Guide (sent as an attachment on 7/29).
- Click the Button for the Online Directory in the upper right corner of your GAELPerform home page.
- Send an email with your questions to [email protected]
- Come to one of the GAELPerform 1-hour training sessions (August dates to be announced)
- Seek support from a colleague who has gone through the user training or has successfully completed the entire e-appraisal process.
- Watch the Halogen tutorial (link at the bottom of your home page). Be advised that the tutorial includes instructions for certain software features that SMC is not currently using.
The online process involves these 7 steps in sequence:
- Employee writes self-review
- Manager writes employee review
- Employee reads manager comments prior to 1:1 meeting
- Manager meets with employee to discuss review & then adds final comments
- Employee signs off on review
- Manager signs off on review
- Second-level manager signs off on review
How do I get started on the performance review process?
The e-Appraisal process begins with staff members who are receiving reviews. The employee being reviewed "owns" the first step.
- If you're receiving a performance review, you'll get an email notification that prompts you to log into your personal GAELPerform/Halogen homepage to perform a task - which is to “write your self-review.” The system will send reminder emails until the task is complete.
- When your self-review is complete, your supervisor will receive an email indicating that he/she has a task to perform on his/her GAELPerform/Halogen homepage, which is to “write the employee review.” (Note: The self-review comments written by the employee will auto-populate on the manager's form. Managers have separate manager comment boxes in which to add their comments.)
- The process continues in this fashion through all 7 steps.