Jill Kolongowski, MFA Creative Nonfiction '14
Jill Kolongowski graduated in 2014 with her MFA in Creative Nonfiction from Saint Mary’s College of California. She teaches writing and is the managing editor at YesYes Books. Her work can be found or is forthcoming in Sundog Lit, Southern Indiana Review, Lunch Ticket, Fugue, and elsewhere. She watches Chopped reruns and writes in a sunny apartment south of San Francisco.
- You can preorder Jill's paperback titled "Life Lessons Harry Potter Taught Me: Discover the Magic of Friendship, Family, Courage, and Love in Your Life" was published by Ulysses Press on amazon as of March 17, 2017.
- Jill's "The Cactus Is a Very Independent Plant" was just published by Vinyl! You can check it out here.
- Jill Kolongowski has been chosen to be a 2016 Artsmith Residency Fellow on Orcas Island!
- "Point-Blank," forthcoming in Forklift, Ohio
- "Manifesto" finalist in the 2015 The Boiler's 2015 flash essay contest.
- "Luck: An Annotated History," Sundog Lit, Issue 8 (winner of the First Annual Contest Series in Creative Nonfiction), purchase copies here
- “Sweet Sixteen” and "Manifesto," sPARKLE + bLINK vol. 62 (part of Quiet Lightning's Reading Series)
- “Rejected Script from the Six O’Clock News,” Quaint Magazine, Issue 1, January 2014
- “Forty-Two Measures of Rest,” winner of the Diana Woods Memorial Prize in Creative Nonfiction, published in Lunch Ticket, Winter/Spring 2014
- "Oceans from Satellites" finalist in the 2013 Wabash Prize for Nonfiction.
- “Topography,” Southern Indiana Review, Fall 2013 (purchase copies here)
- Jill has been selected as a 2016 Artsmith Residency Fellow on Orcas Island!