The Counseling Programs at the KSOE are the perfect blend of theory and practical experience. Not only will you be taught by an exceptional faculty who are experts in the counseling profession, but you’ll also get real-life experience working out in the field in a variety of counseling settings.
Our counseling specializations are designed for people who aspire to work in K-12 schools, colleges, family service agencies, private practice, or other professional arenas where counselors are in demand.
Highlights of our counseling programs:
- Esteemed faculty who are accessible to students
- Intentionally small class sizes
- Year-round admissions
- Financial aid and scholarships
- Conveniently scheduled classes
- Full or part-time plans of study designed around your personal and professional lives
- Every student assigned an academic advisor and a training supervisor
Our counseling philosophy:
We aim to prepare counselors to competently address the whole person, given an individual’s socio-political and cultural context. Faculty members are committed to a holistic, multicultural approach to counseling, synthesizing physical, intellectual, psychological, emotional, interpersonal, socio-cultural, and spiritual processes, emphasizing systemic interconnection among these dimensions of our lives.