The Master of Arts in Teaching Leadership (MATL) program helps both novice and experienced teachers become educational leaders in their classrooms, schools, and communities. Our curriculum prepares teacher leaders to transform their personal and professional development.
Two Pathways, One Program
Our MATL program is designed for:
- Novice teachers (who are participating in an induction program) and complete our 12-unit professional development series, “Best Practices in Teaching Leadership,” by May of the application year; and
- Experienced teachers with five or more years in the classroom
You will form a collaborative community with learners in your cohort who offer peer support and progress, and grow with you throughout the program.
Hallmarks of Our MATL Program
- Cohort-based collaborative learning community
- Reflective, data-informed inquiry into your teaching practice
- An innovative and integrated approach for all subject areas
- Emphasis in effective teaching techniques and presentation skills
- Program can be completed in 1 year
- Affordable tuition priced for teachers
- Classes held on Saturdays
- Supportive, accessible faculty