“If help and salvation are to come, they can only come from the children, for the children are the makers of men.” —Maria Montessori
The KSOE's programs in Montessori Education and Early Childhood Education offer professesion preparation for educators who want to make a difference in the lives of young children. We offer paths for both experienced educators, as well as those just getting started.
Inspired by Maria Montessori
The Montessori Teacher Education Program fully aligns with the vision of Maria Montessori. It is accredited by MACTE (Montessori Accreditation Council for Teacher Education) and is affiliated by the American Montessori Society.
Through our training in the Montessori Method—either at the early childhood level or the elementary education level—you will be fully prepared to enrich young minds by developing the individuality and uniqueness of each child in every area of development.
Which program fits you?
If you are an aspiring Montessori teacher:
- Montessori Early Childhood Credential (ages 3-5)
- Montessori Elementary Credential (ages 6-12)
If you already have a bachelor’s degree and real-world experience in preschool settings:
- Master of Arts in Early Childhood Education with a specialization in Supervision and Leadership
Highlights of our programs:
- Courses held on late afternoons and occasional Saturdays to accommodate student teaching and working professionals
- Instruction by knowledgeable instructors with advanced degrees, highly regarded in the field
- Individualized support by experienced advisors
- Innovative curriculum, including mindfulness training and engineering as part of Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Mathematics (STEAM) requirements
- Preparation to serve in private or public schools, in California and beyond
Questions? Want to schedule a visit? Please contact Patricia Chambers, Program Director, 925.631.4036 or firstname.lastname@example.org.