All prospective applicants can access our online application by clicking here. There is a $50.00 non-refundable application fee. Payment is by credit card or by check payable to Saint Mary's College. This fee is waived for students who have previously been admitted to and enrolled in an approved Saint Mary's College or SMC/Kalmanovitz School of Education program of study.
Application materials to be submitted include:
- Evidence of a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college. (Note: if you are currently in the process of completing your degree or waiting for your degree to post, an unofficial transcript is permitted for the interview process; however, 1 official transcript with your posted degree will be required for unconditional acceptance into the program.)
- One sealed official transcript from each college/university previously attended must be sent to KSOE at P.O. Box 4350, Moraga, CA 94575-4350. *If transcripts are being sent electronically they will only be accepted via the College/University previously attended or through the National Clearinghouse. Those electronic transcripts must be directed to [email protected].
- Three signed original letters of recommendation from individuals who can comment on your suitability to pursue graduate level work and/or achieve success as a professional in Education or Counseling. Recommendations are accepted electronically through the Recommenders link on the application website. Prior to submitting your application online you must provide your 3 Recommenders and their required contact information.
- Statement of Academic and Professional Objectives, outlining purpose(s) for seeking admission to program(s). The Statement can be submitted as an attachment to your online application or turned in separately. Limit the length to 1 to 2 pages. Address your career goals, your reason(s) for applying to the program(s) and a brief description of your educational, work and volunteer experiences that are relevant to the program(s) you seek to enter.
- A copy of recent Tuberculin test results. (Test taken within last 4 years)
- Health and Accident Insurance Reporting Form
- Skills Test results, or proof of registration for specific test(s), if applicable. See Admissions Criteria for more information.
- Intake interview with the director(s) of the program(s), designated full-time faculty, or program admissions counselor. (Call the Kalmanovitz School of Education front office to make appointments at (925-631-4700.)
Upon receipt of the application we will review all materials and inform the candidate if additional information is required.
Information packets are available from the Kalmanovitz School of Education by calling (925) 631-4700 or filling out the Interest Page here.