Mission Statement and Learning Outcomes
LEAP provides higher education of exceptional quality and the opportunity to earn a Bachelor of Arts degree to professional dancers, a community for whom access to college has been traditionally rare or impractical. In alignment with Saint Mary’s core values and traditions, LEAP makes it possible for dancers to prepare intellectually and emotionally for a meaningful life after dance by offering them the chance to explore different disciplines, develop multiple perspectives, discover new passions, and become confident, lifelong learners.
Program Learning Outcomes
Students will be able to:
- Demonstrate awareness of and responsibility for their own learning process.
- Demonstrate a respect and appreciation for diverse beliefs and perspectives.
- Demonstrate the ability to apply professional dance experience to new learning.
- Demonstrate the pursuit of individual interests.
- Demonstrate a familiarity with a wide variety of academic disciplines.
- Demonstrate competence in the skills of careful reading, analysis, critical thinking, interpretation, and communication in both written and oral forms.
- Demonstrate competence with information literacy.