Using your computer to access library databases
Optimize your computer for Library database searching.
Bookmark the Library: http://www.stmarys-ca.edu/library
- allow pop-ups – under Tools/Options, Internet Options, or Preferences
- disable history; no caching or history – look under Tools/Options , Internet Options, or Preferences;
- allow cookies – under Tools/Options, Internet Options (Security Settings) or Preferences (on IE side the bar must be all the way down)
- Set PDF’s to open with Adobe Reader; not “Preview” or within a browse. This allows Taylor & Francis eBooks Download feature to work. To test, open the document at this address:
- Java add-on in browser; Make sure Java add-on is "always enabled"
Software and plug-ins for individual databases:
- Many databases require the latest version of Java: – download from here: https://java.com/en/download/manual.jsp
To test go to here: http://www.java.com/en/download/testjava.jsp
- Taylor and Francis Ebooks – some of the books requires an Adobe Reader Plugin found here: http://www.tandfebooks.com/userimages/ContentEditor/1408606370993/FileOpenInstaller.exe
OR here: http://plugin.fileopen.com/Default.aspx?bhcp=1
- NAXOS Sheet Music - to download requires additional software found here: