Search Albert to find books, movies, etc..
Search Albert, the SMC Library's online catalog, for books, videos, DVDs, sound recordings, and online databases available at SMC. Use the following subject headings:
- Advertising — Women
- Consumer behavior — United States
- Advertising — Psychological aspects
- Deceptive advertising
WorldCat is the world's largest network of library content and services. The WorldCat.org...
A combined catalog of libraries in the state of California. Includes books, videos, audio, maps,...
- Ad and the Id. (Circ Desk, VHS S795) Berkeley, CA: UC Extension Center for Media and Independent Learning, 1992.
- The Best of 2001 : the Clio Gold Winners (Circ Desk VHS S1184) 2001.
- Best of commercials (Circ Desk, VHS S474) 1993
Classic commercials from the 50's & 60's(two videocassettes).
- Consuming Images. (Circ Desk, DVD S299) Princeton, NJ: Films for the Humanties and Sciences, 1994.
- From Cookies to Corn Flakes. (Circ Desk, VHS S236 pt.2) Princeton, NJ: Films for the Humanties and Sciences, 1992.
- From Winecoolers to Greenpeace (Circ Desk VHS S236 pt. 3) 1991
A selection of the most effective and innovative worldwide TV commercials as seen at the 1986 Cannes Commercial Film Festival. Features interviews with those responsible for sponsoring, commissioning, creating and producing them. The 51 ads include some for NYNEX, Kodak, Bazooka Bubble Gum, cars and drinks, marshmallows and financial services.
- Slim Hopes: Advertising and the Obsession with Thinness. (Circ Desk, VHS S627) Northampton, MA: Media Education, 1995.
- Spanish TV commercials = La publicidad en españa (Circ DeskVHS S451) 1988.
- That's Marketing: Understanding Consumer Behavior. (Circ Desk, VHS S1085) Lake Zurich, IL: Learning Seed, 1999.
Search the Periodicals List to see if SMC has immediate access to a specific periodical title. Here are a few sample titles:
- Advertising Age
- Journal of Advertising
- Adbusters - cool site related to the magazine. Takes an irreverent ("culture jamming") approach to advertising and corporate culture. See their collection of spoof ads.
- Emergence of Advertising in America: 1850-1920 - Images of over 9,000 advertising items and publications. Search 11 categories individually, or the entire collection by keyword or illustration. From Duke University.
- Encyclopedia of Major Marketing Campaigns Volume 2 is available from Gale Virtual Reference Library
- Encyclopedic Dictionary of Semiotics, Media, and Communications. (Ref 302.203 D199) Toronto: University of Toronto, 2000.
- Encyclopedia of International Media and Communications. (Ref 302.23 J6422) 4 vols. San Diego: Academic, 2003.
- Popular Culture in the Contemporary World (5 volumes). Each volume deals with Media, Arts, and Lifestyle of a different region: the Arab world: (Ref 309.156 H184), China (Ref 309.151 L346), India (Ref 309.154 K150), Latin America (309.18 Sh27), and Russia (Ref 309.147 B467)