Click the + in front of any of the blue banners below to display and link to Library Computer Science resources
Discover articles from many of our databases.
The following databases are useful for finding articles in the Computer Science and Mathematics fields.
Reviews and citations to the world's research literature in mathematics and related areas compiled from: Mathematical reviews, and Current mathematical publications, 1940-to the present.
Computing Reviews (CR) aims to provide access to current research, theory and applications in all subdisciplines of computing via the review medium. CR compiles expert, unbiased critical reviews of current articles, books and websites of note in computing.
Search Albert to find books, movies, etc..
All of the Library's books, both print and electronic, are listed in the Library's catalog, Albert.
Reference books (encyclopedias and handbooks) provide an overview of a topic.
You can find all reference material by searching Albert, and limiting to “Reference Sources” in the pull down menu.
Handbooks and Encyclopedias
- Computer Desktop Encyclopedia
- Encyclopedia of Computer Science. (Credo Literati) 5th ed. Hoboken, N.J., USA : Wiley, c2003.
- Encyclopedia of Information Systems. (Ref 004.03 B474) 4 vols. Amsterdam: Academic, 2003.
- The Internet Encyclopedia. (Ref 004.6 B474) Hoboken, N.J. : John Wiley & Sons, c2004
- Encyclopedia of information ethics and security. (Ref 004.03 Q40) Hershey : Information Science Reference, c2008.
- Handbook of information and computer ethics. (ebrary online) Hoboken, N.J. : Wiley, c2008
- Routledge International Handbook of Participatory Design (Routledge Handbooks Online) Participatory design is about the direct involvement of people in the co-design of the technologies they use.
Some select Computer Science periodicals:
NetLib Repository - at UTK and ORNL
NASA Technical Reports Server (NTRS) allows keyword searching for technical reports generated at all NASA organizations. Reports are downloaded only in Postscript format.
National Information Center on Health Services Research and Health Care Technology (NICHSR) offers some technical reports on technology assessments in health care. Choose Outreach and Training.
Non-Linear Science E-Print Archive - From the Center for Non-Linear Studies and the Los Alamos National Laboratory.
Brown University Computer Science Department - Technical Reports are available by number, by author or by title.
Carnegie Mellon University's Mercury Server - Technical reports from the School of Computer Science, 1991 to the present; the Human-Computer Interaction Institute, the Robotic Institute and the Center for Machine Translation.
Columbia University Department of Computer Science Online Library - Technical reports from 1975 to present. The reports, from 1975-89, are in postscript 42.7 format.
MIT Laboratory for Artificial Intelligence - Provides technical reports from the Artificial Intelligence Laboratory and Computer Science Dept. Choose AI/LCS Reading Room link.
Oregon Graduate Institute Technical Report Library - Reports in a number of subject areas, including compilers and language for high-performance computing, artificial neural networks and adaptive systems, spoken language systems and human-computer interaction.
Stanford University Computer Science Department Electronic Library - Searchable by keyword. The site links to 157 publishers of technical reports.
University of California, Berkeley - A member of NCSTRL (Networked Computer Science Technical Reports Library); reports are searchable by keyword.
University of Tennessee Computer Science Department - A large collection of technical reports, arranged by publication year.
University of Washington Department of Computer Science - Reports searchable by keyword.
World Wide Web Consortium (W3C)
Technical Reports, including Standards
Sun Microsystems, Inc. Technical Reports - From 1992 to present and searchable by keyword.
CodeAcademy. Learn on your own - requires free account.
- APA Style Guide. Tip sheet from the Library.
- Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association is available in the Reference Room (Ref 150.149 Am35b).
- MRef: MathSciNet's tool for creating properly formatted references with links to MathSciNet records.
- Handbook of Writing for the Mathematical Sciences (Ref 808.0665 H537a)
Mendeley Citation Manager
- Create an account and download to your desktop from this page
- Instructions for installing the Word Plugin from Mendeley desktop
- Having trouble putting it all together? The SMC Center for Writing Across the Curriculum (or, "The Writing Center"or CWAC) offers peer-to-peer advising sessions for both undergraduate and graduate students. You can call or stop by to make an appointment, or can also drop in and do a session immediately, if an adviser is available. See the CWAC website for more information, or stop by their office first floor DeLaSalle, or call CWAC: 925.631.4684