Student Group Study Rooms
Group study rooms are for Saint Mary's student groups ONLY:
- 2 or more can reserve any of the six group rooms
- All patrons must be students*
- Reservations may be made no more than 1 week in advance
- Maximum booking time is 3 hours
- 2 students in the group need to be present to check out a group study key
- “No Show” groups forfeit their reservations after 15 minutes
- Rooms include a flat screen monitor, DVD/VHS player, white board/chalk board, and table with chairs
- Whiteboard markers and erasers are available for check-out at the service desk
*(Students who are collaborating or being tutored by faculty, staff of non SMC tutors may not use Library group study rooms)
For more information or to make a reservation, fill-out the form above, come to the library service desk, or call us at (925) 631-4229.
Silent Study Zones
Two Silent Study Zones are available for anyone needing a quiet work space and are reserved for completely silent reading and study. On the first floor the room is adjacent to the Reference Collection and has large tables, 18 computers, and seating for 54. On the third floor a smaller Silent Study Zone is located in room M-11, and has 9 comfortable arm chairs, bean bag chairs, and two individual study tables. Reservations are not required for either space.
Anyone needing to watch a movie can use one of the media carrels located on the second floor. Each carrel includes a flat screen monitor with DVD/VHS player. Headphones and remote controls are available for check out at the service desk. Reservations are not required.