The Honors Living Community in Assumption Hall is designed to support incoming first-year honors students. Assumption Hall has a full kitchen, recreation lounge and study lounge. Live-in tutors specializing in the sciences and the humanities – along with dedicated live-in faculty – help create an intellectually stimulating and supportive community.
The Honors Living Community in Claeys Hall South is designed to support Sophomore honors students. Claeys South has a lounge area with a full kitchen.
Honors Living Community Goals:
- Provide incoming honors students with a quiet, respectful community of diverse but similarly motivated peers.
- Create a nurturing and supportive environment in which students forge a solid academic foundation a) by providing live-in mentor/tutors in the humanities and sciences b) by providing well-equipped and quiet study facilities c) by providing relevant and engaging co-curricular programming.
- Ease social and academic transition into college through appropriate social programming and weekly events.
- Offer accurate in-house academic advising and mentoring from qualified live-in faculty member(s).
- Foster and mentor future campus and student life leaders.