2012 Fall Alumni News
- 2008 Creative Nonfiction graduate, , has been getting work done! Check out her list of forthcoming publications:
CONGRATULATIONS on the success, Vicki!
- Check out Rusty Morrison's (poetry, '99) interview on Wordgathering, a journal of disability poetry.
- (poetry, '11) will be teaching a January term course in 2013: "."
- (creative nonfiction, '12) just had an article published by the US Master's Swimming Organization-- a nation-wide organization with 50,000 members of adult swimmers. Check out "." Great work, Rebecca!
- Fiction graduate ('10) has just landed a prestigious San Francisco Writer's Grotto fellowship! During the 6-month fellowship Rosa will be working on her memoir based on her time in the National Guard, and her journey toward declaring herself a conscientious objector.
- Alumnus, has new poems in The Cultural Society, along with a review of alumna, , book A Real Time of It. Check it out:
- 2012 creative nonfiction graduate, landed a Saint Mary's January term lectureship for 2013! She'll be teaching "." Congratulations Vanessa!
- 2000 graduate in poetry, has published his second book of poetry, out on Mouthfeel Press.
What a list of great accomplishments! Congratulations on the success, Gabe!
- Here's another poet making news! Read Jennifer Drai's (poetry, '06) poem, from "Visitors, Cavaliers" in Ink Node!
- (poetry, '06) is making news again! His poem, Living as Magnets, is in the latest issue of out of Oberlin College Press. Congrats, Bret!
- Faculty member and MFA graduate 's work and talent have been recognized with two prestigious writing residencies, at the National Medal of Arts-winning MacDowell Arts Colony and at Hawthornden Castle in Scotland. Congrats!
- Please join PAWA (Philippine American Writers and Artists) as they present Lysley Tenorio, author of the critically acclaimed Monstress. Writer and educator Rashaan Alexis Meneses (fiction, '06) will moderate.
- 2006 poetry alum is making news!
Check out his book of poetry, out from Blaze Vox Publishing. He also has two chapbooks out: out from Grey Book Press and out from Horse Less Press.
And he's collaborated on a chapbook with Jen Tynes in Black Warrior Review, called Autogeography.
Way to go, Michael!
- Check out these new poems in tuxedoLIT from alumna, Jennifer Arcuni (poetry, '99)!
- with expcerpts from online at
- Alumna, has poems up at Real Poetik from her chapbook The Middle, forthcoming from Omnidawn
- Poetry alumna is reading at Bica Coffeehouse in Oakland on Thursday, Oct. 12, at 7:30 p.m. as part of the Underpass Reading Series.
- Poetry alum ('99) is making news again! Cid Pearlman/Performance Projects are proud to announce the world premiere of k, a performance piece encompassing dance, live music, and sound collage. Text by Denise Leto. !
- (fiction, '10) and her bandmate just released a debut EP, White Lies! Listen to . White Lies is forthcoming on iTunes. . Congrats, Rosa!
- Alumna has published a new memoir: "Girlfag: A Life Told in Sex and Musicals."
Celebrate the publication on Saturday, October 20 at Wicked Grounds in SF, where Janet will answer questions, sign copies, and discuss the emerging sexual orientations of "girlfag" and "guydyke." Congratulations, Janet!
- In addition to having a panel accepted for AWP 2013 titled "Lessons from the Field: Poetry Festivals and Community Building," poetry, '01) has had several publications over the past year including:
Her third chapbook, , with Big Table Publishing in November 2011
: article “Eco Poetry: Poems on Purpose (an exploration). July 2012.
: a Journal for Sylvia Plath Studies: poem “Her Children.” June 2012.
: audio poem “The Air” in April 2012
: poems “Creation Story,” “Beginning of the Fall, part 1,” and “Beginning of the Fall, part 2.” March 2012.
; poem “Matins” in October 2011.
; poems “Passing Time” and “The Prisoner.”
; poem “Getting to Know You,” July 2011.
; article “Literary Citizenship” includes poem “Trust.” March 2011
Way to go, Jennifer Jean! You're an inspiration!
- Alumni (new poems), Angela Hume (book review), and Sara Mumolo (poem-film are pubilshed in this month's issue of the
- Angela Hume (poetry, '08)
- Gabrielle Myers (poetry, '10) has co-authored . Congratulations Gabrielle!
- Denise Leto (poetry, '99) will read and discuss her poetry at the on Thursday, September 27 at 4:30p.
- Lindsey Thordarson's (fiction, '11) short story, What Will D, was published in the Spring 2012 issue of Zyzzyva (Issue No. 94).
- Just Kibbe's gallery exhibition "POTENT PLAY: Provoking An Adventurous Spirit" will open on November 24, 2012 and run through December 8, 2012.