MFA in Dance Program Goals
- To develop artists who are critically aware of the reciprocity of theory and practice, thereby promoting standards of excellence in dance practice, and preparing for employment.
- To enable artists to explore and reflect upon dance practice in its many forms, taking account of the social, cultural, aesthetic and political contexts in which performance practice is located.
- To address complex issues creatively and systematically, as well as the ability to problem-solve in a variety of artistic contexts through the engagement in practice based research, including collaborative projects.
- To develop ones potential for a range of practices in or associated with dance and research-based activity.
- To enhance ones production experience and create dance artists who are capable of managing a business.