The minor in Spanish requires a total of 7 courses.
- Spanish 4: Continuing Intermediate Spanish
- Spanish 9: Spanish for Spanish Speakers or Spanish: 10 Converstaion-Composition
- Spanish 11: Introduction to Literature
- Spanish 101: Advanced Spanish Syntax and Composition or 102: Advanced Writting and Research
- three additional upper-division courses.
Spanish 11 is a prerequisite for all Spanish upper division courses for students majoring/minoring in Spanish. Students who plan to study abroad that are Spanish majors/minors must complete this requirement before going abroad and before enrolling in upper division courses. Students who take Spanish classes abroad and who do not declare a Spanish major/minor prior to leaving cannot declare a major/minor in Spanish upon returning.The Department does not accept Spanish 11 courses taken in summer school or as an online class.
For further advising, contact the Placement and Proficiency Coordinator in the Modern Languages Department.