Why M.S. in Accounting?
The mission of the Master of Science in Accounting Program is to advance students' career opportunities in accounting in the public and private sectors.
Here are some reasons why you should choose to earn your M.S. in Accounting from Saint Mary’s College:
- Advance your careers in corporate accounting as well as public accounting.
- Launch a new career in growing accounting fields - Intermediate accounting courses are provided to those who did not major/minor in accounting.
- 12-month or 15-month accelerated formats. (18 months for non-accounting majors.)
- Evening and Saturday classes offered in the part-time hybrid format to allow full-time employment.
- Part-time hybrid option increases scheduling flexibility and reduces commutes. (About half of the classes are live web conferencing evenings, with alternate Saturdays on campus.)
- Full-time traditional option allows students with accounting majors to complete the degree in 12 months.
- Opportunities to sharpen professional skills through the Professional Development Program.
- Multiple networking opportunities during the program to interact with partners of accounting firms, regulators, corporate executives and tax professionals.
- Opportunity as alumni to audit specific classes/curriculum that can enhance preparedness or serve as a refresher for industry professionals.
Have questions? Email us or call (925) 631-4888.