New Databases in 2014
We have added 11 new or expanded databases to support your research in 2014. Click the links below to explore our new offerings!
- Access World News provides extensive, full-text newspaper coverage from the vast majority of U.S. newspapers by circulation, along with searchable news video clips, almost one thousand hard-to-find local and regional titles, and over two thousand international news sources.
- American Film Scripts Online is a collection of 1,000 authorized, copyrighted screenplays, most of which have never been published before. Alexander Street's semantic indexing system allows scholars to search by character, scene, race, nationality, age, subject, year of writing, and other such elements. Titles include Mr. Smith Goes to Washington, Raging Bull, Hotel Rwanda, The Last Temptation of Christ, The Maltese Falcon, Broadcast News, The Searchers, North by Northwest, and many, many more.
- Business Source Complete offers comprehensive full-text coverage plus indexing and abstracts for the most important scholarly business journals, dating back as far as 1886.
- EBSCO eBook Business Collection is a continuously growing collection of over 9,400 eBooks, covering topics such as marketing, finance, supply chain management, entrepreneurship, career growth, personal development, communication, and networking.
- EBSCO Humanities Source is a comprehensive repository of content pertaining to literary, scholarly and creative thought, including feature articles, interviews, obituaries, bibliographies, original works of fiction, arts reviews of all kinds, and much more,
- We've added the backfile for Essay and General Literature Index, which gives us full access to nearly 65,000 humanities and social science essays found in over 5,300 printed anthologies and collections, with coverage dating as far back as 1985.
- Grove Music Online includes the full texts of The New Grove Dictionary of Music and Musicians, 2nd edition (2001), The New Grove Dictionary of Opera (1992), and The New Grove Dictionary of Jazz, 2nd edition (2002), resulting in a database of 50,000 signed articles and 30,000 biographies by more than 6,000 scholars from around the world.
- JSTOR Arts & Sciences VI (coming soon) enhances our already significant collection of content across the social science disciplines, including economics, education, linguistics, political science, and area studies.
- International Directory of Company Histories covers the historical development of the world's 8,500 largest and most influential companies. Company info includes merger and acquisition history, impact of sales and marketing campaigns, effectiveness of executive leadership, expansions and strategies, labor/management actions, and much more.
- Our subscription to Science Magazine Online now includes the full backfile, dating back to 1975.
- Short Story Index provides detailed indexing of more than 117,000 stories from more than 4,200 collections and anthologies, and makes them searchable by author, title, subject, keyword, date, literary technique, theme, locale, narrative technique, device, and more.
As always, we encourage you to contact us at [email protected] or ext. 4229 with any questions, suggestions, or constructive criticism - we are ever at your service. Thanks for your attention, and here's to an enlightening, educational spring term.