There are multiple opportunities for Gaels to stay connected long after they graduate through reunions, regional and affinity based chapters and other great ways to stay involved.
Affinity Based Chapters
Affinity based chapters are focused on alumni with a common interest or affiliation, and are managed by volunteers who work with the alumni office. If you are interested in starting an affinity based chapter, please contact the Alumni Office at email@example.com or (925) 631-4200. Current active chapters include:
- Black Alumni Chapter | Connect on Facebook
- Football Alumni Chapter | Connect on Facebook | Connect on LinkedIn
- Gaels in Wine
- Latino Alumni Chapter
- Lavender Alumni Chapter
- Rugby Alumni Council | Connect on Facebook
Alumni Admissions Program
Maintain our tradition of academic excellence by encouraging academically talented students to apply and attend Saint Mary's College. As a member of the Alumni-Admissions Program you'll provide the personal attention and encouragement that can make the difference between a student choosing SMC or another institution. Providing your perspective as an alumnus is the most important component to the success of this program, and is an invaluable element that helps the College achieve our overall undergraduate enrollment goals. Click here for more information, or contact Erik Coloma at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reunion Class Committees
Class reunions are great time to reflect on the impact Saint Mary's has had on your life, remember the good times you had at the college, and reconnect with old friends. Reunion celebrations are also a time when classes focus their fundraising efforts to increase support for the college. Class Reunion Committees help re-engage their classmates with each other and achieve their class' goals to increase giving in support of Saint Mary's students. To be apart of your class' reunion committee or to learn more, please contact Becky Iverson '06 at email@example.com or (925) 631-4803.
Regional chapters are managed by volunteers who work with the alumni office to plan events. If you are interested in starting a regional chapter, please contact the alumni office. Current active chapters are in the following areas:
Graduate Business Alumni Chapter
- NETWORK. We help you stay in touch with your fellow graduates and connect to new people, new opportunities, new resources, and new friends.
- LEARN. We offer opportunities to continuously develop your professional skills through guest speakers, panel discussions, and online learning.
- SERVE. We provide opportunities for you to use your knowledge, experience, and skill in service of others needing a hand in their businesses or communities.
Graduate Business Alumni Council
Members help guide the school on regional alumni event programming ideas in the areas of Network, Learn, and Serve. Currently there are 4 council groups in the Bay Area: East Bay, South Bay, San Francisco, Sacramento. To get involved or learn more about being on the council, please contact Rachel Wood at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Graduate Leadership Alumni Chapter Council
The Graduate Leadership Alumni Council focuses on continued learning, staying connected through networking, maintaining communities of practice and being of service. Volunteers meet quarterly and collaborate on ways to:
- Provide the opportunity for alumni to become acquainted
- Encourage alumni to remain active with the College
- Promote the interests of Saint Mary's College