Is commuting twice a week impossible with your work schedule? Consider our industry-leading Executive MBA Program's hybrid format.
The Saint Mary's College of California's Executive MBA Program is offered in various locations in the San Francisco Bay Area, including our Hybrid format which is 50% online (live web conferencing) and 50% face-to-face in Moraga. If your work schedule is demanding and involves frequent travel, or if you do not live very close to one of Saint Mary's campuses, the Executive MBA Program's hybrid format is the best of both worlds for you:
- You can earn a well-respected MBA degree in just 18 months —while continuing your professional career.
- It is a cohort-based program, and you will take two classes per quarter.
- Two hour classes are held twice a week in the evenings online via live web conferencing (these classes are kept small, under 15 per session) and in Moraga on alternating Saturdays. As a result, you get the benefit of convenience, interaction, and face-to-face time with faculty and cohort-mates.
The Saint Mary’s innovative Executive MBA Program's hybrid format raises the bar for Executive MBA education. Unlike traditional online programs, Saint Mary's Executive MBA Program's hybrid format combines traditional classroom learning with emerging technologies, giving you the right combination of convenience, flexibility, and personal attention. Led by an industry leader in innovative education, Dr. Barry Eckhouse, the Executive MBA Program's hybrid format allows you to balance MBA classes with business, travel or home obligations. You'll earn the same well-respected MBA degree as participants in our face-to-face classes —with more flexibility.
Executive MBA Hybrid Benefits:
Enhancing learning with technology: It's easy for us to be excited about Saint Mary's innovations in delivering quality business education. After all, we've been invited by the world's top business schools to share our approach to technology-mediated learning for MBA students at industry conferences. But we only use technology when it supports Saint Mary's mission to provide a high-quality education that places students first, with emphasis on small classes and personal attention. Click here for an example of how one student benefitted from the Executive MBA Program's hybrid format.
Innovations in Distance Learning: We continually explore new learning technologies and incorporate the very best into our Executive MBA Program's hybrid format. Here are some of the emerging technologies in online learning that we use:
- Browser-based program: A customized Saint Mary's College MBA Web browser bar provides you with convenient and secure access to all courses, materials, e-mail lists, podcasts, and web conferences.
- Audio and video podcasts: You will have convenient access to faculty lectures through iTunes®. You can download lectures and other podcasts into your netbook so you can stay up-to-date with coursework anytime, anywhere.
- Web conferencing: Online class sessions are held in a real-time web-conferencing system that combines voice, video, shared applications, and a collaboration board. You'll be able to participate in live evening classes anywhere you have Internet access.
- Private student portal: We built a secure, mobile-friendly website for our students, which provides easy access to the interactive technologies of all our programs.
Convenient location and ideal time commitment:
- Hard to leave the office in the evening? Join us from your desk at work. On alternating Saturdays, meet in-person with faculty and classmates in Moraga. Nestled in the East Bay Hills, the picturesque Saint Mary's College Campus provides students easy access to classrooms, computer labs, parking, and a safe, friendly collegiate environment in which to learn. Saint Mary's College Campus in Moraga is also easily accessed from nearby highways 24 and 680, and Oakland International Airport is within a 35-minute drive.
Saint Mary’s College Executive MBA Hybrid classes start twice a year in January and July. If you are interested in Saint Mary’s, but the timing or format does not fit with your needs, please consider one of our other degree program locations and formats. Contact us with any questions, we'd be happy to walk you through your many options at Saint Mary's.