Saint Mary's is committed to helping first-generation students graduate. Our High Potential Program provides a range of services and individualized support for the academic rigors of college. Academic advising, counseling, financial assitance, peer mentorship and summer programs are some of the many resources available in HP.
Eligibility for SAILS (prior to fall of freshmen year)
As a first-generation college student (neither parent has completed a bachelor's degree), you are eligible to apply for the High Potential Program's Summer Academic Institute for Leaders & Scholars (SAILS). SAILS applicants must be admitted to Saint Mary’s as first-time freshmen. Over the two week summer program, you'll:
- take Saint Mary's classes
- reside in our living/learning communities (residence halls)
- conduct research with SMC faculty
- learn and utilize academic and social resources on campus
- recieve 1/4 college credit toward graduation, giving you freedom to select more courses
...and of course make an amazing HP Family along the way!
For questions about High Potential and/or SAILS, please contact us:
Senior Assistant Director of Admissions
Coordinator of Multicultural Recruitment
High Potential Program
High Potential Program,