Our goals are to be:
- A thought leader and educational model in business solutions to problems of corporate governance, environmental degradation and social issues (such as poverty and inequality) as they impact business practices and policies.
- A community partner in events and practice that promotes responsible business performance.
- An educational incubator for student engagement that inspires social responsibility.
To foster and support the work Saint Mary's faculty in the area of responsible business and provide opportunities for faculty, students and community partners to collaborate on these issues.
- RESEARCH: Provide opportunities for faculty to generate fresh ideas and approaches on responsible business. "Responsible business" (RB) issues refer to work in the area of environmental, social (poverty, social justice issues, social enterprises) and governance aspects of for-profit and non-profit businesses.
- OUTREACH: Offer compelling events and programs that promote collaboration, shared inquiry and innovation in pursuit of responsible business performance.
- ENGAGEMENT: Provide opportunities for business students to build business acumen, inspire social responsibility and community engagement and extend networks.
Our next ECRB conference, "Harnessing the Power of Big Data for Social Good," will be on Thursday, February 23, 2017. Check back later for further details.