We know you're busy with classes, sports, clubs and service activities, and we make sure that you can find a nourishing and enjoyable meal or snack when you need it.
On Campus Dining
Saint Mary's College contracts with the Sodexo Corporation to provide food service in Oliver Hall, Cafe Louis, and for many of the student socials. The College offers breakfast, lunch, and dinner during the week, and brunch and dinner on weekends. The Late Night Dining Program offered nightly gives students a break from studying and a place to gather with friends to enjoy comfort food, and study snacks like burgers, cereal, nachos, or ice cream.
Please visit the SMC Dining Services website for daily menus, hours of operation and additional information about our campus eateries.
Meal Plan Options
Read descriptions of our meal plan options and current pricing!
Meal Plan Requests
If you need to purchase a meal plan, or if you would like to make a change to the plan you have already selected, simply complete the Meal Plan Change Request Form.
If you live off campus and would like to purchase or change your meal plan, simply complete the Off Campus Meal Plan Request Form.
* Decreases to your meal plan may only be made within the first two weeks of the new semester. Increases may be made anytime throughout the academic year.
**All first-year students living in the residence halls are required to purchase a meal plan. Also all students living in suite-style residence halls are also required to purchase a meal plan.
When Dining in Oliver Hall Please...
- Bring your ID card every meal
- Don't take the trays, silverware or china. If you accidentally do, please bring them back.
- Bus your tray & be considerate of your neighbor
- Use reusable plates, cups, and silverware to be sustainable
- Compost your food scraps and recycle whenever possible
- Make special requests & use the comment board. We value your opinion.
You never have to be too shy to ask for seconds with our Campus Dining Program. Our generous policy allows for a second helping of many menu favorites. All you have to do is ask!
Do you have particular dietary needs? No problem! Our Campus Dining Services Program can accommodate your special dietary requirements. For more information, please contact our General Manager at (925) 631-4378.
One of our main goals is to provide a pleasant, clean, comfortable and satisfying dining experience. In order to meet this goal, we ask for your assistance with the following procedures:
- Please bus your tray and disposables from your table when you have finished dining
- Please refrain from taking food, dishes or utensils from the dining area. If you need to take a meal to-go, please grab a to-go plate.
- Remember that ID Cards are non-transferable. Meal cards cannot be used by anyone but the purchaser.
Gael Flex Dollars
Gael Flex Dollars are included in the meal plans every semester. They can be used on campus in Oliver Hall, Cafe Louis, Jamba Juice, and at participating retail outlets off campus. For more information, see our Gael Flex Dollars page.
- The Carte Balnche meal plan includes a total of $75 Gael Flex Dollars ($40 in the first semester and $35 in the second semester).
- The 14 meal plan includes a total of $75 Gael Flex Dollars ($40 in the first semester and $35 in the second semester).
- The 10 meal plan includes a total of $150 Gael Flex Dollars ($75 flex in first installment; $75 flex in second installment).
- The 8 meal plan includes a total of $150 Gael Flex Dollars ($75 flex in first installment; $75 flex in second installment).
August 25th: First meal plan mean (Dinner, BBQ)
September 5th: (Labor Day) Brunch Schedule*
October 20 & 21 (Mid-Term Holiday): Brunch Schedule*
November 22 (Start of Thanksgiving Break): Lunch is last meal
November 27 (End of Thanksgiving Break) :Dinner is first meal
December 8 (Start of Christmas Break): Lunch is last meal
January 8 (Start of Jan Term): Dinner is first meal
February 3 (Jan Term Break): Lunch is last meal
February 12 (Start of Spring Semester): Dinner is first meal
April 7 (Start of Easter Break): Lunch is last meal
April 17 (Return from Easter Break): Dinner is first meal
May 25 (Last meal of academic year): Lunch
9:00AM - 1:30PM
5:00PM - 7:00PM