The Master of Arts in Kinesiology program at Saint Mary's College focuses on the study of human beings engaged in physical activity. It is designed to ensure that graduate students are exposed to the breadth and depth of classical and contemporary knowledge in the component areas of the field while taking advantage of the finest things about Saint Mary's College:
- An interest in the student as a person;
- An emphasis on shared inquiry and critical thinking;
- Small seminar-style classes;
- Highly interactive, expert faculty members; and
- A respect for new and different ways of learning.
The curriculum is designed to enable students to select the concentration that fits best with their professional goals:
- Sport Studies for teachers and coaches;
- Sport Management for those interested in managing sport organizations primarily within educational settings; and
- Fitness Management for those wishing to manage fitness and wellness programs in schools and private organizations.
Please be sure to check out our course descriptions to learn more about our curriculum and when courses are typically offered each semester.
Many students come to the program with undergraduate degrees or practical work experience in Kinesiology or related academic areas, but others have degrees from a variety of diverse fields including sociology, environmental science, communications, history and English. Our students are united by their passion for teaching, coaching, or working in fitness and sport.
Tuition for the 2016-2017 academic year beginning summer 2016 is $927 per unit. Financial aid and other funding opportunities, including scholarships and internships, are available for those who qualify.
Interested in visiting campus? Please contact our Program Manager, Kelly Luquet, to set up a day and time that works with your schedule. You may also use the links below to find additional information about our program and admissions procedures.