Tuition for the M.A. in Kinesiology program during the 2016-2017 school year (beginning Summer 2016) will be $927 per unit.
There are several types of financial assistance available for our students to help cover the cost of tuition including federal financial aid, scholarships, and other student employment opportunities.
Federal Financial Aid
Federal financial aid in the form of student loans is available for those who qualify. To learn more about the types of loans available please visit the Finanical Aid Office's website. To apply file a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at fafsa.ed.gov. The Saint Mary's College of California Title IV code is #001302.
New Student Scholarships
A limited number of scholarships are available to incoming students in the form of tuition reduction for the cost of one 3-unit course during the student's first semester in the program. To apply simply FILL OUT THIS FORM & SUBMIT it via email to Kelly deMarrais Luquet, [email protected] by February 15, 2017 for students looking to start the program in Summer 2017 and June 15, 2017 for students looking to start the program in Fall 2017.
- Be admitted to the program or have completed your application to the Graduate Kinesiology program.
- Be an exemplary student with a minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.3 or the equivalent.
- Have the potential to make a significant contribution and become a leader in the field.
- Demonstrate an appreciation and acceptance of the Lasallian traditions and principles upon which Saint Mary’s is founded, namely a dedication to service learning and social justice.
Continuing Student Scholarships
A limited number of scholarships are also available for continuing students in the form of tuition reduction for the cost of one 3-unit course during their second summer or fall term. To be eligible students need to have completed at least 14 units of coursework prior to the start of the summer term.
There is no need to apply. Recipients are selected by the faculty based on their GPA in the program up to that point. There are no set GPA requirements, but most previous recipients have had GPAs of 3.75 and above.
Graduate and Professional Student Development Funds
Some funding is also available for independent research and professional development in the form of grants through the Graduate & Professional Student Research and Development Fund. Learn more here.
Internships & Student Employment
Each year the program offers up to five internships. One internship with Saint Mary's Strength and Conditioning program, three internships with Saint Mary's Campus Recreation department, and one internship with the Graduate Kinesiology program in Social Media and Marketing. To learn more about these positions, please contact:
- Strength and Conditioning: Shane Connolly
- Campus Recreaiton: Rebecca Harper
- Social Media and Marketing: Kelly deMarrais Luquet