Communication majors take seven required courses and four upper division electives. Two of the electives must be upper division application courses (denoted by * on the course descriptions page). Majors must also participate in a senior research seminar and write a senior thesis. A total of 11 department courses are required for graduation.
- Communication 2: Communication and Social Understanding
- Communication 3: Communication Inquiry
- Communication 10: Argument and Advocacy
- Communication 100: Communication Theory
- Communication 110: Quantitative Methods
- Communication 111: Qualitative Methods
- Communication 196: Senior Capstone
Upper Division Electives
Four upper division electives must be taken from one or more of the following groups:
- Rhetoric and Culture: Communication 105, 106, 109, 113 and 147;
- Media Studies: Communication 125, 132, 133, 143, 144, 158; and
- Public Communication: Communication 107, 112, 116, 117, 118, 122, 123, 161, 170.