In our continued commitment to your career advancement, we’ve partnered with the Career Center and CareerBeam, a virtual career success center that specializes in strategic career planning.
All Saint Mary’s College of California School of Economics & Business Administration (SEBA) alumni have access to a powerful online career services platform, CareerBeam.
If you need your CareerBeam password resent, please email Rachel Wood.
CareerBeam took the best research databases and industry intelligence available today, embedded them within a comprehensive career management platform and allows students access to these otherwise cost-prohibitive resources. To give you an overview of just a few of the resources you can now leverage to engage in strategic career management, take a look at the following:
- Company Research: Including over 60M organizations in more than 170 countries; containing company overviews, key information and business intelligence. You’ll have access to 70M Company contacts, many with biographies and contact information, which is great for connecting with alumni.
- Industry Research: Access to information such as recent developments, business challenges, trends and opportunities on hundreds of industry segments - get current financial information and insights as well.
- Job Postings: The most updated job posting databases containing millions of jobs from multiple sources including internships, entry-level, professional and executive jobs. Postings are continuously authenticated to remove outdated postings and you can create alerts and find connections through social media.
- Self-evaluation: Take a look at who you are today. CareerBeam's unique career assessment tools factor in your values, temperament, interests and personality to help you develop — and achieve — career goals.
- Create professional resumes and cover letters: Whether you are writing a first-time resume or updating a previous one, use CareerBeam for building an accomplishment-based resume and cover letter.
- Prepare for Interview and Beyond: Review interview questions with tips on answers; view videos of effective responses; or record your own answers for review and feedback.
- Networking & Social Media: Social media integration allowing users to leverage their contacts in Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter to network and identify potential connections and positions.
In addition to the Career Beam, Saint Mary's Career Center is open to help all Alumni with career counseling and assesments, resume and cover letter development, and interview preperation.
Alumni receive free service from the Career Development Center during the first six months after graduation. Services are available for a nominal fee after the six months. The Career Development Center is located at Brother Urban Gregory Hall (BUG Hall) and is open Monday through Thursday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., and on Fridays from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Please call (925) 631-4600 for more information.