The CIRP Freshman Survey (TFS) asks incoming first-year students about their high school experiences, academic and social, and their expectations about college BEFORE they begin classes. The CIRP Your First College Year (YFCY) Survey asks about their experiences AFTER completing their first year.
- 2008 - 2012 Your First College Year (YFCY) Survey Results - (NEW: 9-10-12) Shows results of CIRP YFCY Survey administered at END-of-Freshman year from Spring 2008 - Spring 2012. National comparisons are available for 2012 SMC results with those of ALL 4-Year Private Colleges. Survey areas evaluated include general satisfaction items, satisfaction with campus services and facilities, utilization of services/facilities, self-reported of growth in learning skills/abilities, special First Year Advising Cohort (FYAC) items, and CIRP Construct scores (e.g. "Habits of Mind" score). Growth on CIRP Construct scores from the beginning to the end of the freshman year for a matched group of students are included.
- 2011 Freshman Survey - HERI Press Release and SMC Comparisons - Shows how SMC compares with national trends highlighted in CIRP/HERI Press Release of January 25, 2012
- 2009 Freshman Survey
- 2009 Freshman Survey tables (Excel)
- 2006 CIRP Freshman Survey
- 2007-2011 YFCY Summary **NEW 9-2-11: Results of CIRP Your First College Year Survey (YFCY) for 2007 to 2011 with National Comparisons with 4-Year Colleges