Please apply for the Jan Term International Travel scholarship online beginning August 22nd. Applications for this scholarship are due September 12th at midnight.
In awarding International Travel scholarships, the January Term Selection Committee considers:
- Preference is given to seniors before juniors, etc. (Status is based upon the number of completed units at the time of application)
- Eligibility for financial aid (FAFSA submitted)
- Greatest need (as measured by EFC; contact Financial Aid for more information about your EFC)
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- No previous SMC Study Abroad (January Term or Semester Abroad)
How to Apply:
1. Submit your application online via TerraDotta (the link is above).
2. Notification will be sent no later than Friday, September 16th.
3.Scholarship winners must still register online on Thursday, September 22nd. (I.e., a scholarship winner is not guaranteed a spot in a course and must register through the same process and timeline as all other students). Before they do this,they will also need to place a deposit of one-eighth of the total cost of the course fee by 4pm on Monday, September 19th.