Rashaan Alexis Meneses, MFA Fiction '06
Born and raised in the seismically fractured and diverse landscape of southern California, Rashaan Alexis Meneses earned her MFA in Creative Writing from Saint Mary's College of California, where she was named a Jacob K. Javits Fellow. Recently awarded 2013 fellowships at The MacDowell Colony and The International Retreat for Writers at Hawthornden Castle in Scotland, in 2009 she was named a finalist for A Room of Her Own Foundation's The Gift of Freedom Award.
Nominated for a Sundress Best of the Net Prize, current publications include a personal essay in Doveglion Press, short stories in New Letters, Kurungabaa, UC Riverside's The Coachella Review, University of North Carolina's Pembroke Magazine, and the anthology Growing Up Filipino II: More Stories for Young Adults. She currently teaches as Adjunct Professor for Justice, Community, and Leadership at Saint Mary's College of California.
Visit her website here.
- "The Expectant" is now on kartikareview.com!
- Check out Rashaan's published book, "Border Senses Vol. 21" and order now!
- Rashaan's piece, "The Rift", was recently published in Puerto Del Sol!
- Rashaan's proposal was accepted for the Great Writing International Creative Writing Conference 2016 in London!
- Rashaan has a poem featured in the anthology Completely Mixed Up by Rabbit Fool Press published March 2015!
- One of Rashaan's short stories was nominated as a finalist for the Reynolds Price Short Fiction International Literary Award by the Center for Women Writers at Salem College.
- Scope out alumna Rashaan Meneses' (Fiction, '06) performance at The Emerald Tablet's performance event, Under the Influence!
- Rashaan Alexis Meneses has an essay called " The Others are Strangers" in New Letters!