- Plan on majoring in one of the following disciplines: Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biochemistry
- Have financial need as demonstrated in the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). This normally means students must be eligible for the Federal Pell Grant
- Be taking or have taken pre-calculus or an equivalent class in high school. Preference is given to students who are taking or who have taken Calculus
- Plan on having a career within the STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) fields
- Be a US citizen or permanent resident
To be eligible for the MAPS program incoming first-year students need to satisfy the following criteria.