Maintaining Your Space

Submitting a Facilities Work Order

As a resident on campus, you may experience a maintenance issue.  Please read the following information to assist you in maintaining and protecting your space in the residence halls.

Contact your Facilities Office if you have a maintenance or repair issue by phone at 925-631-4286 or complete a work order request on the web site at:

When requesting a repair, the more specific you can be about the location, nature, and urgency, the easier it will be to identify the appropriate repair personnel to correct the problem.


If an emergency (no heat, burst pipe, etc.) occurs during office hours, please call your Facilities Services Office to report the problem so it may be handled immediately. More complex repairs, and those involving items not normally stocked, sometimes take longer. In these instances, your patience is appreciated.

Emergency repairs, such as a burst pipe, major water leak, electrical short, or broken lock, occurring after 4:30pm on weekdays and at any time on weekends or holidays, should be reported to Public Safety at 925-631-4282.

Residence Hall and Dining Services License: Notices and Disclosures

  • WILL NOT ASSUME responsibility for any property of LICENSEE which is abandoned, lost, stolen, damaged, or destroyed in the residence halls, on or off-campus parking lots (including in vehicles), and off-campus facilities, at any time including, but not limited to, periods when the LICENSEE is absent from the assigned room.  If LICENSEE wishes to have his or her property insured for loss, LICENSEE is responsible for obtaining applicable insurance at LICENSEE’S own expense.  NOTE: Absent such coverage, any losses of LICENSEE’S property will NOT be covered or reimbursed by the COLLEGE.  LICENSEE is solely responsible for payment of any deductible under any insurance policy that LICENSEE obtains. If LICENSEE abandons or vacates the residence hall/townhouse/suite/apartment or other facility, then the COLLEGE may consider any personal property left on the premises to be abandoned and may dispose of it at LICENSEE’S expense in any manner allowed by law.
  • Mold.  Mold is a naturally occurring organism that feeds on organic matter. When items covered with mold are disturbed, mold spores may be released and may cause some people to experience negative health effects. The room to which you have been assigned should be free of any mold, mildew, standing water or excessive moisture. If upon entering your assigned room for the first time you discover mold, mildew, moisture or standing water,  you are required to notify your RA or RD immediately so that the College can assess the situation and take appropriate action to clean the room. You agree that in using the room assigned to you by the College during the term of the LICENSE, you will maintain the assigned room, and any commonly shared areas of the room or suite, in a clean manner to inhibit the growth of mold.  Maintaining the cleanliness and dryness of your room includes, but is not limited to, regularly cleaning, especially sink and shower areas, and promptly removing all trash; preventing water from entering your room by closing windows during adverse weather events and promptly drying any puddles or areas of dampness; and maintaining air circulation within your room by keeping wall coverings to a minimum and running fans or opening windows when weather permits.

To learn more please download the following information regarding excess moisture and how to prevent it.