- Review the policy or policies identified in your Hearing Notification Letter.
- Familiarize yourself with the procedures of the discipline process. This will help you understand what will happen during your hearing.
- Refresh your memory on the facts of the incident, make notes if needed.
- Reflect upon the incident. You will be asked about what you have learned from the incident and what you think about it now.
- Decide if you would like to bring a support person with you to the hearing. For specifics see the Code of Conduct, section Article IV: Code of Conduct Procedures, Hearing Process. If you choose to bring a support person with you, please notify the assigned Hearing Officer as soon as possible.
- Decide for yourself whether or not you are responsible for violating College policy and be prepared to share your thoughts about this decision.
- Create a list of questions you have for the hearing body.
Preparing for a Discipline Hearing
These are the steps you can take to prepare for a Discipline Hearing.