Transfer Credits

Will my courses transfer to Saint Mary's?

Courses that are transferable to the University of California (UC) system from California community colleges or another accredited college or university are typically acceptable at Saint Mary's. However, these must be completed courses with letter mark (rather than, Pass, Satisfactory, or Credit) grades of C- or above to be applied for advanced standing credit toward graduation at Saint Mary's.

Courses in remedial subjects, vocational fields, secondary school mathematics and non-academic areas are not acceptable for transfer credit.

For help in determining which of your UC, CSU or community college courses are transferable to SMC, we recommend using

For help in determining which specific courses satisfy the general education requirements for SMC, please refer to our articulation agreements.

Still have questions? We're happy to meet with you one on one during a transcript evaluation.