- Business Administration is the #1 most popular undergraduate major at Saint Mary’s College of California.
- Commerce was one of the first 3 disciplines taught when the College was founded in 1865 at Saint Mary’s.
- The School of Economics and Business Administration (SEBA) has over 10,000 alumni, lifelong and worldwide.
- SEBA will launch Concentrations in Entrepreneurship and Digital Media (in addition to Marketing, Finance and Global Business) for Business Administration majors starting in Fall 2012.
SEBA will be launching a new concentration in Sustainability Studies for Economics majors starting in Fall 2011.
- SEBA’s student club, the American Marketing Association, won “Outstanding Chapter for Professional Development” in 2010 and “Outstanding Chapter for Communications” in 2011.
- Saint Mary’s College of California School of Economics and Business Administration faculty are accomplished experts in their areas. Many have published in top scholarly journals and have received honors by their peers. The most recent award was given to Assistant Professor Jyoti Bachani received the prestigious Fulbright Senior Scholar award. Bachani will travel to India to study an Indian national tradition called “jugaad,” where ordinary Indians solve seemingly insoluble problems by making do with what they have and never giving up. She also received the esteemed Early Career Award at the SMC Scholars Reception in February.
- SEBA will launch a 4-year professional development program “Career Gateway Program” for SEBA undergraduate students starting in Fall 2012 that plans to help students build their resume and polish their professional skills prior to graduation.
- Saint Mary’s College of California is nationally-ranked by worldwide publications such as US News & World Report, Princeton Review, and Business Times.
- Saint Mary's College is part of the Lasallian network, with ties to over 900 educational institutions around the world and more than 800,000 students taught in 79 countries.