Why are we launching a new site and what are the goals of the site?
Our site is directly related to our institutional marketing goals:
- Raise profile of and positive awareness for Saint Mary’s as the premier Catholic comprehensive university in the West.
- Advance the academic reputation of the College among key constituents, including alumni, donors, parents, students, prospective students, faculty, staff, employers and the general public.
- Build loyalty to the College and increase motivation for desired actions.
- Create a systematic approach to understanding market forces that informs marketing and program development.
And the site is focused on:
- Increasing the number of highly qualified undergraduate & graduate students who apply to and attend Saint Mary’s
- Increasing giving by alumni, parents and friends
Why a New Site
Web sites need to evolve as our brand and the expectations of our audiences evolves.
- Mobile first isn’t optional, it’s the rule.
- Our site gets over 7.8 million pageviews per year.
- The current site misses the mark on institutional and program marketing objectives. It's beautiful but not as usable as it could be.
We plan for this-an institutional commitment every three years.
The site reflects the marketing priorities of the:
- Strategic Plan
- Branding Initiative