Website Redesign Update, October 3, 2011
T-Minus 11 days and counting...
The October 14 launch of the new Saint Mary's College website is less than 2 weeks away! To ensure the smoothest possible transition to the new site, Salli will be offline on Thursday, October 13. Please get all of your pre-launch updates done before that date, then get ready to dive back in when we unveil the new site to the rest of the world.
New features in Salli
A slew of new Salli features have come online over the past week, including landing page headers, database-driven sidebars, and new content types like videos and image galleries. Here are a few examples:
- The LEAP program created a two-image header for their area of the site, as did the Elfenworks Center for the Study of Fiduciary Capitalism and the Center for the Regional Economy;
- The Performing Arts Department created a three-image header;
- The Student Organizations landing page has six items in its circle header;
- You can very easily place a video like this Leadership testimonial onto the website;
- Photos look great in Salli - take a look at the 2011 Reunion Weekend image gallery, or this banner image;
- Stories like this one about the 2011 Spring Symposium can be "borrowed" from other areas of the site for use in your area.
Where is the log-in link?
There's been some confusion around the lack of a log-in link on the new College homepage, but you can find it on the bottom left of the screen on any other page in Salli. You can also go directly to the content dashboard, where the log-in link is also at the bottom left of the screen.