Upon successfully completing the Women's and Gender Studies Program, you will be able to...
- RECOGNIZE, evaluate, and interpret assumptions and arguments about gender in scholarly, popular, public, and interpersonal discourses.
- DISTINGUISH and evaluate diverse theories of feminism and address debates and oppositions regarding gender in a wide variety of interdisciplinary fields such as politics, history, biology, art history, psychology, anthropology, sociology, literature, religious studies, popular culture and communication.
- WRITE clear and well-reasoned prose which acknowledges complex and diverse points of view and methods of critical inquiry, especially those which address constructions of gender, race and class in language.
- CONTINUE to explore areas of social justice in theory and in practice, particularly those related to gender, women and sexuality in society.
- CONSIDER ways to engage in intellectual and social activities and advocacy which increase the individual’s understanding of global and local citizenship and community responsibility.