The Women's Resource Center is a resource of support to those affected by sexual assault or violence.
Sexual assault and dating violence are, unfortunately, not uncommon on college campuses across this country. If you or someone you know has been affected by sexual assault or violence, the Campus Assault Resources and Empowerment (CARE) Line can be reached at (925) 878-9207 24 hours a day/7 days a week during the regular academic year. The Line can be called or texted and is an anonymous resource. The Coordinator of Sexual Assault Awareness, Outreach, and Education is a confidential resource meaning you can meet with her and get information about options without initiating a formal report. The Coordinator and the WRC Director offer support, information, and referrals in the Saint Mary's community as well as a safe space at the WRC.
If you or someone you care about experiences a sexual assault or is in an unhealty relationship, there are many resourcse available both on and off campus.
1. Campus Assault Resources and Empowerment (CARE) Line - 24 hour anonymous support: (925) 878-9207
2. Women’s Resource Center: (925) 631-4192
3. The Coordinator of Sexual Assault Awareness, Outreach & Education: (925) 631-4193
4. The Counseling Center (925) 631-4364
5. Public Safety (925) 631-4282
IN CONTRA COSTA COUNTY
- Community Violence Solutions: (800) 670-7273
24- hour crisis hotline, advocacy, accompaniment
- STAND! For Familes Free of Violence: 888-215-5555
24-hour crisis counseling and emergency resources
RAINN (Rape and Incest National Network): (800) 656-HOPE (4673)