The Multicultural Thought reading list tends to vary from semester to semester. Shown below is the Fall 2011 list.
- Moustafa Bayoumi, How Does It Feel to Be a Problem?
- Octavia Butler, Kindred
- Mary Crow Dog, Lakota Woman
- Dinaw Mengestu, The Beautiful Things that Heaven Bears
- Fae Myenne Ng, Bone
- Luis Alberto Urrea, The Devil's Highway
- Sherman Alexie, Ten Little Indians, selections
- Paulo Freire, Pedagogy of the Oppressed, selections
- Lani Guinier & Gerald Torres, political race and magical realism in The Miner's Canary: Enlisting Race, Resisting Power, Transforming Democracy, selections
- R. D. G. Kelley, "Looking for the 'Real' Nigga: Social Scientists Construct the Ghetto" in Yo' Mama's disfunctional!: fighting the culture wars in urban America
- Jhumpa Lahiri, Interpreter of Maladies, selections
- James W. Loewen, "Handicapped by History: The Process of Hero-making" in Lies My Teacher Told Me, selections
- Peggy McIntosh, "White Privilege: Unpacking the Invisible Knapsack"