The vision of the Elfenworks Center for Responsible Business is to become renowned leader for promoting business education and practice that advance the common good.
- Thought leader and educational model in business solutions to problems of inequity, poverty and coporate governance
- Community partner in events and practice that promotes responsible business performance
- Education incubator for student engagment that inspires social responsibility
To foster and support the work Saint Mary's faculty in the area of responsible business and provide opportunities for faculty, students and Community partners to collarborate on these issues.
- RESEARCH: Provide opportunities for faculty to generate fresh ideas and approaches on responsible business. "Responsible business" (RB) issues refer to work in the area of environmental, social (poverty, social justice issues, social enterprises) and governance aspects of for-profit and non-profit businesses.
- OUTREACH: Offer compelling events and programs that promote collaboration, shared inquiry and innovation in pursuit of responsible business performance.
- ENGAGEMENT: Provide oppotunities for business students to build business acumen, inspire social responsibility and community engagement and extend networks.
Kamath, S., Lee, Y.-J. and Zhang, X.T. 2013 'Social enterprise models: creating the fortune at the base of the pyramid', International Journal of Social Entrepreneurship and Innovation (IJSEI), Vol. 2, No. 3.
The Global Economic Forum discussed corporate social responsibility in regards to the Euro crisis and what it portends for the world economy, especially the developed world and the United States.
Trans-Global Executive MBA Immersion project, May, 2013. Indonesian Street Children Organization (ISCO) to provide free education for vulnerable street children in Indonesia. Students worked with faculty advisor Judith White and mentor Adriana Sandoval.