The mission of the Master of Science in Accounting Program is to advance students' career opportunities in accounting in the public and private sectors. It also helps to meet the 150-hour educational requirement set by California law for CPA licensure.
Here are some reasons why you should choose to earn your M.S. in Accounting from Saint Mary’s College:
- Meet California’s 150-hour requirement for CPA licensure.
- Advance your careers in corporate accounting as well as public accounting.
- Prepare for the CPA examination.
- Launch a new career in growing accounting fields - an Accounting Boot Camp is provided to those who did not major/minor in accounting.
- 15-month or 9-month accelerated formats.
- Evening and Saturday classes offered to allow full-time employment.
- Hybrid option increases scheduling flexibility and reduces commutes. (About half of the classes are live web conferencing evenings, with alternate Saturdays on campus.)
- Opportunities to sharpen professional skills through the Professional Development Program.
- Multiple networking opportunities during the program to interact with partners of accounting firms, regulators, corporate executives and tax professionals.
- Opportunity as alumni to audit specific classes/curriculum that can enhance preparedness for the CPA licensure or serve as a refresher for industry professionals.