Writing Competency Requirement
May be met with transfer credit.
- 2 courses in English composition with a "C-" grade or higher
CLEP Examination may satisfy 1 of the 2 courses required. Contact Sue Norton Costa for information at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Core Curriculum Requirements (similar to General Education requirements)
2 humanities courses - 6 semester units
1 science course - 3 semester units
2 social science courses - 6 semester units
Students may earn elective credit through:
- transfer credit from accredited post-secondary institutions;
- credit from assessment of college-comparable experiential learning (portfolio developed in LDSH101 and LDSH110);
- selected CLEP and DANTES examinations
- approved credit from American Council on Education recommendations for military service schools or professional courses
Completion of the 12 major course program
- 10-course Leadership major;
- Collegiate Seminar requirement - met by Seminar 109 and 163 courses
- Religious Studies requirement - met by Seminar 163
A minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.0, computed on all courses taken or accepted for credit at Saint Mary's College, and a minimum grade point average of 2.0 in courses required for the major.
A total of 120 semester units with a minimum of 56 semester units at the upper division level.