Saint Mary's College of California is a Yellow Ribbon School and is approved for the training of Veterans and their eligible dependents under the Department of Veteran Affairs.
How to Apply
Step 1a.) In order to use your benefits at Saint Mary's College, you must apply with the Admissions Office of your school/program of interest:
- Bachelor of Arts in Leadership and Organizational Studies
- Graduate Kinesiology
- Graduate Business (MBA, Master of Science in Finance, Executive MBA)
- Master of Arts in Leadership
- Credential or Master's from the Kalmanovitz School of Education
- Master of Fine Arts in Creative Writing
Step 1b.) If you haven't yet, please visit the Veteran Affairs website www.gibill.va.gov to apply for benefit eligibility using the VONAPP. This step should be done simultaneously with step 1a, as VA processing is sometimes delayed.
Veterans/Dependents may be eligible for one of the following categories:
- Chapter 30 (Montgomery G.I. Bill-Active Duty)
- Chapter 31 (Vocational Rehabilitation)
- Chapter 32 (Veterans Educational Assistance Program)
- Chapter 33 (Post 9-11 GI Bill)
- Chapter 35 (Dependents of deceased or disabled Vets)
- Chapter 1606 (Montgomery G.I. Bill Selected Reserve)
- Chapter 33 (Post 9-11 GI Bill, Yellow Ribbon)
Step 2.) The VA will mail you a Certificate of Eligibility, of which a copy must be sent to Attn: VA Certifying Official in the Registrar's Office. Please turn in this form, even if you are still awaiting your acceptance decision from Saint Mary's.
Step 3.) Once we have your Certificate of Eligibility AND you are enrolled in classes at Saint Mary's, we will begin reporting your enrollment to the VA so you receive benefits.
When a student adds or drops a class during the term, she/he must notify the Office of the Registrar and fill out an ADD/DROP NOTICE. The VA pays educational benefits based on your actual attendance in each class.
*Caution: "W's": The VA will not pay for educational benefits for courses from which you have withdrawn, unless the VA determines that there were mitigating circumstances.
Oakland Veteran's Regional Office:
To contact the local VA office, please call 1-800-827-1000. The address for this office is:
Veterans Administration Regional Office, Oakland Federal Building
1301 Clay Street, Room 1300 North
Oakland, CA 94612
Muskogee Main Office:
1-888-GI-BILL-1 (1-888-442-4551); Monthly Verification Enrollment: 1-877-823-2378 or, www.gibill.va.gov (follow link to "WAVE" program).
UC Berkeley ROTC offers Saint Mary’s College students the opportunity to participate in leadership training leading to a commission as an Army or Air Force officer upon graduation from college. For more information about the Army program, please visit http://army.berkeley.edu or call 510-643-7682. For information about the Air Force, please visit http://airforcerotc.berkeley.edu/
VA Comparison Tool