Your time at Saint Mary's will be an adventure and a challenge.
Dear Saint Mary’s Students,
Student Life at Saint Mary’s is marked by dedicated professional staff and amazing student leaders who take on the responsibility of enriching the student experience through educational, social and cultural programs. We provide services to support your health and wellness. Our goal is to lower the barriers to a Saint Mary’s education by creating experiences that extend the learning to the residence halls, the dining commons and the conversations that students have with one another out of the classroom.
In the information and resources provided here in our Student Life site, we hope you will find opportunities for leadership, community service or community building with your peers. Our strongest advice to you is to engage. Challenge yourself by doing something that is new, that helps a fellow student, or explores more deeply your passions.
The four years that you spend at Saint Mary’s have the potential of being your greatest period of growth into your own identity, into a rich spiritual life and into a life of continuous learning. We encourage you to take advantage of all Student Life has to offer in supporting you in your journey at SMC.
Jane Camarillo, Ph.D.
Vice Provost for Student Life
The Vice Provost for Student Life oversees these offices:
- Dean of Students, Evette Castillo Clark
- Residential Experience, Jim Sciuto
- Community Life, Becca Lopez
- Housing & Conference Services, Marie Lucero
- New Student & Family Programs, Jennifer Herzog
- Student Involvement & Leadership, Eté Martínez Anderson
- Intercultural Center, Joan Iva Fawcett
- Women's Resource Center, Sharon Sobotta
- Counseling Center, Dai To
- Health & Wellness Center, Ali Rezapour
- Public Safety, Adán Tejada