Internationalization and global competency are integral parts of a liberal arts education.
Established in 1978, the CIP is a comprehensive department that works with international students and scholars and manages the study abroad and exchange programs for students and faculty. The Center also offers immigration expertise to other departments.
The CIP provides services to all who seek a rich international, intercultural experience. The staff works closely with students, faculty and administrators throughout the campus.
Services for Study Abroad Students:
- Study Abroad Advising / Counseling
- Cross-Cultural Counseling
- Pre-Departure Workshops
- Visa/Passport Assistance
- Re-entry Orientation
- Study Abroad Fairs
- Cross-Cultural Social Activities
Services for International Students:
- International Student Orientation
- International Student Retreats
- Advising students on compliance with immigration laws and regulations
- Work Permission
- Housing Assistance
- Personal and Cross-Cultural Counseling
- Social / Cultural Activities
- Moderator of the International Club
Immigration Assistance for Departments:
- Management and compliance with the Exchange Visitors Program
- Preparation and filing of documentation for J-1 scholars and researchers
- Advising departments on compliance with immigration laws and regulations