Meet the supporting faculty members within the Environmental and Earth Science Department.
- Peroxide Oxidation Studies: Chemical Kinetics of Organosulfide Oxidations
- Counterion Binding in Micellar Systems utilizing numerous methods
Methods employed to study of cationic micelles includes: NMR, conductivity, chemical trapping, molecular fluorescence, and surface tension.
- Solubilization of Porphyrin Molecules into Model Membranes Studies to develop better photodynamic therapy agents (PDTs)
- Trapping Various Pollutants with Surfactant-modified Zeolites
Quantifying analytes in wetlands in urban and rural areas using screening methods
- X-ray Fluorescence (XRF) studies
Demonstrating the utility of XRF to quantify various metals in soils and other media