The Technology Advisory Committee (TAC) is charged by the President of the College to review and/or formulate academic and administrative technology policies and procedures and to make recommendations for consideration by the Budget Committee, Cabinet, and President. TAC is also charged with the following responsibilities:
- Facilitate the development of a strategic plan for technology, annual technology action plans, annual technology assessments, and revisions in the College’s strategic plans as they relate to technology.
- Solicit input from the campus community to assess the effectiveness of technology planning and to inform subsequent technology planning processes.
- Solicit departmental technology plans and related technology requests.
- Recommend prioritization of funding requests and appropriations for technology as they relate to annual action plans and the College’s strategic plans.
- Survey "best practices" in technology use and implementation at other colleges and universities to inform recommendations for technology at the College.
- Keep the campus community informed about technology issues, trends, and plans.
- Advocate the use of technology as a vehicle for advancing the College’s mission and strategic plans.
TAC may also convene ad hoc task forces to gather information and develop recommendations on specific issues. Membership on task forces may be drawn from members of the campus community who are not members of TAC.